I am talking to you about flexibility.

Not Yoga....that's a lifetime goal too, and it is not pretty in my case.

  But I am thinking of the way in which other people's actions impact our responses.  this happens a lot to me on the liturgical plane-- and this is not a complaint.  People have learned at different times under different rectors, or they have been away from it for a while or--the tough one: Covid has changed protocols.  We need each other, and adapting to make everyone look good is a team sport. 

If you had asked me before Covid, I would have assured you that I was flexible.  And I really was, by pre-pandemic measures.

But these months have changed all of us, catapulting us through change, and sometimes making us turn on a dime, We are on repeat,  frequently having to learn something new at the same time we are making it happen.  I had hoped that we would move away from this pattern of anxiety, but we are not there yet.  

Yep,  that's a lot. 

So it turns out this is not a post about being flexible.  It is a post about being kind and appreciative.  These years are something we have been through together, and a few moments of extra patience and gratitude in the drive thru line, at the grocery store or even--- gasp--- at church, will really help.  As we come back together, let us have compassion for each other and park our critical thoughts or remarks as we confess our sins.  We can do better! We must do better.

I am filled with deep faith and hope that we can be better.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One sleepy dog

Veterans Day