Lauren's Ordination




I have been remiss in rushing back to Ash Wednesday and not writing about Lauren's Ordination. I think I did not want to let go of such a wonderful experience! Shannon and I made a quick trip out thanks to Teresa and Jacob, who kept Graff and got him nicely attired to Mock Trial Competition. (His Defense team won but the School team did not.) We had an amazing time just talking to each other for the ten hour drive each way! Being back in Williamsburg and part of a service at Bruton Parish was really fun too.

Lauren's terrific family treated us like long lost cousins and took us to both dinner the night before and lunch after the Ordination. Seeing Lauren with her parents made me miss my mother even more. They were so proud of her! It was also awesome to see Court and Laurel and to have a Seabury time with all of the requisite humor.

As for Lauren, she absolutely glowed-- and the service itself was wonderfully simple despite 120 clergy in the procession. I was so glad to be there with and for Lauren. She will be a wonderful deacon and priest.

These are her photographs but I thought it would be fun to post them here too as we have different readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One sleepy dog

Veterans Day