flurried schedule and Holy Spirit respite

Just back from our son's wedding at Hilton Head Island. . . the storm during the wedding was such a blessing and even romantic to hear the rain on the pavillion roof and feel the breeze. It was great to be with family and remember what is important in the midst of our busy lives! [And great to dance with my beloved, too.]

I went to do a healing Eucharist Wednesday at one of the churches I serve, and no one appeared. I had brought a cd with Beati Quorum Via on it so I cranked that up while I put Eucharist away and straightened things up. There are few windows in this church, and a storm was coming in. After I put out the candles and had carried most of my stuff to the car, I put out the lights and moved toward the altar in the dusky dark to get the cd player. The smoke was hanging in a flat plane over the altar and suddenly began moving toward me in perfect time to the choral anthem. As I stood transfixed, it enveloped me with such a sense of powerful and comforting Presence. I was by myself, but not alone.

Comments

Heidi Haverkamp said…
Jane, would you email me? I want to ask more about how you thought about presiding at your son's wedding. heidiruthha at gee male . comb
(you get the idea)
;)

Popular posts from this blog

One sleepy dog

Veterans Day